First thing first – there is absolutely NO SIGN of The Deuce appearing any time soon. OK, well maybe a single sign – like I am 3cm dilated but yet she still will not DROP. I can feel her pointy little head grinding my right hipbone which for the record, is exactly where The Dictator was stuck during the 4 hours of pushing I did with him. I really don’t want to do that again.
Also? I would rather not have 62 hours of being induced either = not cool.
Also? The Amazing Buzzing Vagina is still a problem.
And? The Stabbing Vagina Pain. Yowza.
Initially I was hoping The Deuce would come 2 weeks early – to balance out the two weeks late her brother was but now I am sure that this one will require a medical eviction from my uterus. Is it too much to ask that one of my children show up early and give me a “reasonable” labour and delivery?
It is? Oh. Shit.
In the meantime I have been doing a ton minimal amount of things around the house to get ready for our new baby. Minimal being that I am trying not to fall behind on laundry by doing one load a day and putting it away ASAP (as opposed to my usual technique of letting the laundry pile up on the washer/dryer until there is no room to put anymore clean items). I also went to a meal preparation place 2 weeks ago and made 23 meals for the freezer to get us over that initial baby-zombie hump that we are sure to endure when we come home with her. Sadly, we have eaten 3 of these meals already because I just do not have it in me to cook lately.
I have spent a lot of time having play-dates and outings with The Dictator hoping that if I had plans to do things then this baby would decide to be inconvenient and make me cancel my plans. No dice. It has been fun playing with my little dude though and I have enjoyed all the fun we are having together. Soon enough his tiny little world is going to change completely, and although he is really really excited about a baby sister he is going to learn the hard way that Mommy can’t just do it all anymore.
In other news: My nice kid who doesn’t ever hit other kids and cries when a kid hits him actually got on top of one of his little friends (who is a bully/hitter) and put him in a headlock today. And I didn’t even feel bad. Even the bully’s Mom was totally thrilled that someone put one of her twins in their place. GO DICTATOR! *
*Note: I do not condone kids fighting – but The Dictator is such a ‘wussy/nice kid’ that it was awesome to see him stick up for himself for once.
I still need to:
- finish packing my hospital bag – although what is in it will do in a pinch
- make sure to take extra batteries for the camera
- buy a few bottles of pre-made formula for the hospital (with sterilized nipples on the side) – what they supply in hospital is not what we use at home so we might as well go prepared so we do not have to switch her over when we get home**
- re-wash the bedding on our bed – just to say I did it again
- deal with the LBOD – Laundry Basket of Doom – which contains items that require serious ironing
- finish buying Christmas presents – really just Baby, Stewart and the Grandparents left to go – all pretty easy purchases
- pick up an extra case of diapers for The Dictator – just so I don’t run out at a silly time
- make a dentist appointment for the dog
- get the dog a haircut
- clean the master bathroom
** Note: Spare me the theatrics of breast is best. I already know that – I breastfeed and supplement due to a medical issue. Not that my boobs are much of anyone’s business. Heck, they aren’t even part of Stewart’s business lately….
Maybe this kid should stay in a few more days – just so I can get this all done.