- I always said I would never get my kid a buzz cut. I mocked the lazy parents who did that shit to their kids. BUT, due to someones irrational fears over scissors lately (WTF??? and where the hell did it come from?) I decided a full on #3 clipper cut was the way to go. You know what? He still looks damn cute and it took no time at all. Still cost $13 like a real haircut though, go figure.
- Seven more weeks until my official due date. I am totally ready mentally to have this baby. House wise? Not so much. I still need curtains for the girls room, and The Dictator has an art project to complete for her room as well. We need to eat our way through the freezer and re-stock on stuff. I am also going to a meal prep place to make 12 dinners for post-baby so that I will not be stressed out over cooking on those really crazy days. Also hospital bag is nowhere near packed yet. I would like to be done Christmas shopping before my due date, which can be underway anytime now since we drew names last weekend. I got Stewart out of the hat (lucky me) which means I have to get him a family gift and our personal gifts. GAH!
- I ordered this bag from LeSportsac (Yes DogMama I KNOW you are totally surprised) and am greatly anticipating the arrival. So cute and so versatile at the same time. It can be a diaper bag or a funky ass tote for all my stuff. I almost bought it in Vegas but $350 is a little much for me, but 75% off makes me happy. Also ordered was a hanging travel toiletry kit for my Mom since she seems to have the travel bug, so that is one small Christmas gift done.
- I am on the hunt for a winter coat for my kid. Not one of those 3 in 1 deals because the sleeves always drive me batshit crazy. Nothing is worse then chasing a second arm up the sleeve of your coat trying to keep two jackets stuck together. Sadly everything else out there is so damn bulky that it makes dealing with buckling a toddler into a car seat near impossible. Also needed: snow pants for a kid with really short legs.
- I am officially off work now. My lovely doctor put me on sick leave last week (even though I worked a couple more shifts before I decided I was done) which means I can enjoy more time with The Dictator before The Deuce arrives. I am actually really enjoying not working at all. Here is hoping that Stewart’s lottery ticket pulls through for tonight. Yeah that’s my retirement plan in this economy, you got a better one?
- Am I crazy? Go ahead and answer that one. I decided to go buy a few canvases for The Dictator to paint for The Deuce’s bedroom. I painted the canvases pink and green and decided to let him do whatever he want to them with white paint. Could be a disaster or it could be cute. I will post photos when we are done with this little project. The Dictator also picked out the ribbon to hang them from the wall – the kid did well! Two year olds and paint? Whoo-boy.
- We have a first name for the baby (and a back-up first and middle name) but we need a middle name. Wanna weigh in on it? Since the first name starts with a vowel we want a middle name to start with a consonant, and Stewart likes the idea of a middle name starting with a J. Me? I still vote for Deuce. :