Remember my last post where I waxed poetic about my Sweet New Ride? Guess what? I already gone done and smacked it up – and it doesn’t even have 2000km on it yet. On my way to a much needed pedicure appointment on Sunday (at 3:02pm to be exact) I was driving in the right hand lane (as we do in Canada) when some Jackass (dark haired man, middle aged) in a Silver Toyota Corolla came driving towards me in MY LANE! I had two choices: get my ass kicked at 60km/hr head on (and pregnant) or make love to the curb.
Me and the curb got really well acquainted. The Corolla missed me by mere inches (or less). I attempted to MacGyver my ass out the passenger door but my belly made that maneuver a little difficult. Just so you know, rolling out the passenger side door gracefully looks much easier on TV then it is in 6.5 month pregnant real life. By the time I turned around he had already sped off around the corner and I couldn’t even get a license plate number and ruin HIS day. Because you know I didn’t enjoy my pedicure as much as I should have after THAT incident.
And I scratched up my bumper. Off to the body shop I go.
Not only did that jerk have BORING taste in cars, but he couldn’t drive either.
In other news:
- The Dictator was in quite the crap mood yesterday which zapped me of every ounce of energy I had, both emotionally and physically. He skipped his nap, ate like crap and generally was a rude little Dictator. Days like THAT I can do without. Today thankfully has been much better and I haven’t wanted to trade him in for a Pit Bull and a can of cocktail weenies. Yet. Heh.
- The kid is obsessed with putting money into his piggy bank. He has already cost me $3 today in quarters and loonies. Mama needs to start packing pennies – they go farther and are SO much cheaper, ya know?
- I have had a few friends now ask me for some of my recipes that I feed my little family when I am too lazy to put any effort into cooking pressed for time or need things to freeze for future meal. Soon at the top of this page there will be a link to a page full of my boring cooking. Remember – if it can be made mostly in one pot then it qualifies as food here at casa McSleepy.
- Breathing is still difficult, and bras are getting removed continuously to assist in vital lung expansion.
- I get to go to a conference this week instead of working nights. I don’t think I can stress how excited this makes me. That means I will have slept like a normal human being for 2 weeks straight (meaning sleeping at night, not during the day like some damn Vampire). Also it means I gain less weight because my metabolism and everything gets buggered up when I am on night shift.
- The new season of Dexter starts soon. Should I really find a serial killer with some amount of ‘morals’ so damn attractive? Also, here in HickVille City we could use our own Dexter because the crime and stuff is getting out of hand (and our Police? not so efficient). Also, why is it every time I seem to hear that our Police have caught a killer – it is because the killer turned himself in at headquarters? And why are all these ‘gang’ guys who get killed “well known to police”? If you are well known to police shouldn’t your ass be in jail already?