Serious dilemma approaching. Need help STAT.
The baby is due in under 3 months and we have almost nothing picked out for names. This is where I turn to the internet for suggestions on what I can name our second child which is going to be a little girl. Here at the McSleepy household we are very picky about names, yet our son was named by the time I was 12 weeks pregnant with the Most Perfect Boys Name Ever. This time around we are finding that naming a girl is really quite hard to do – but yet we have a plethora of fantabulous boys names on hand.
Here are our personal guidelines:
- No popular names or top 10 style names. This means names such as Maddison, Kaylee, McKayla, Olivia, Addison, Emily, Emma and Hannah are out of bounds. Please no Isabelle’s either. Really they are lovely names but just not for us.
- No made up spellings of names or spellings that put a bunch of extra letters in a name to make it “unique”. So don’t turn Ashley into Ashleigh or anything of that sort. The exception being a name like Analise – which would have to be spelled Annalise for me because I really don’t think the first 4 letters of any name should spell ANAL.
- We really like older names. Our son’s name was popular in the 1880’s and sadly it is making a small comeback – but we love the old name style of it. Names I have suggested that are older in style are: Elenor, Evelyn (too common), Ruby, Pearl, Astrid, Beatrix, Ester, Ingrid etc…. none of these are serious contenders on our list though. We have also rejected Miranda because Stewart thinks it is too “Sex in the City”.
- We also like names from movies, so what if our son was named after a character in one of the best 80’s movies of all time? It would be kinda fun if our girl could share this too.
- We also like British/Irish/European style names (but if you have something else PLEASE THROW IT AT ME). In fact our son’s name is Irish in origin even though we are a bunch of Ukrainians here (with a touch of Scottish and English thrown in).
- We are not fans of gender-bent names. That means Pat, Jamie, Ashley, Cameron and all others are also out of the running. A major man name on a girl could be OK though – think Clark on America’s Next Top Model (although is it me or do you have to be totally hot to pull a name like that off?).
- I would appreciate names sent in First and Middle name combo’s. Single names are fine too, I do have some imagination. Keep in mind that it would be nice if the name flowed with a last name that sounds like ToyTruck.
Not too hard to do right? Go forth and give me EVERYTHING you have for The Most Perfect Girls Name Ever. I need it.
Also, I really like the idea of using Deuce as a middle name. So far Stewart is NOT convinced that Deuce is a good middle name. To me she could easily be a supermodel or bounty hunter with a name like Deuce. Stewart sadly thinks of Deuce Bigelow Male Gigilo movies when he hears this….. maybe it is my hormones that makes this an appealing choice
***EDITED TO ADD***
Free giveaway, a list of boys names that I made before finding out Deuce was going to be a girl.